Aaron Lohr, Concerned Citizen

Welcome to my blog. I write about actual news stories. Sure, I joke a lot, but I include citations to prove that the source of my jibber jabber is real. You can't make this stuff up. If you've come across a strange news story, send it my way. I'm now on twitter at: https://twitter.com/#!/AaronLohr

Facebook me!
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I like to move it move it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ugly Dogs Protest Westminster Dog Show

Dog lovers around the world waited all year for yesterday's Westminster Dog Show at Madison Square Garden in New York and they weren't disappointed. History was made as visitors witnessed a toy poodle, a beagle, an Irish wolfhound, and two minitaure pinchers defeat the New York Knicks 120-79.

The dogs really moved the ball well and the Knicks could not shut down their outside shooting. Uno, the beagle, finished with 42 points, 7 rebounds, and an astonishing 11 blocks.

This is the latest setback for the Knicks in a season that has seen their star player walk out on them, their coach repeatedly ridiculed on late night television, and their fans trampled and devoured by the Cloverfield monster.

But the real story is that this is the first time a beagle has ever won the best-in-show award.

Folks have been asking me how my dog, Captain Fussy Britches the Incontinent, finished at the show. Well let's just say he finished pretty much everywhere. As usual, we couldn't get through any of the events. We even had trouble registering little Fussy as we were told he has no "distinguishable breed".

But don't worry, I gave the Captain a ribbon anyway to keep his spirits high. He barked a few proud barks before he ate it. What a trooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home