Aaron Lohr, Concerned Citizen

Welcome to my blog. I write about actual news stories. Sure, I joke a lot, but I include citations to prove that the source of my jibber jabber is real. You can't make this stuff up. If you've come across a strange news story, send it my way. I'm now on twitter at: https://twitter.com/#!/AaronLohr

Facebook me!
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I like to move it move it.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Postcard or Panda Poop?

Man, I haven't blogged in forever. I need a good excuse. Let's see. I got a new job and I bought a house. And of course, I was on expedition in the Himalayas for the month of June. And no, there aren't any sasquatch...anymore. And on a completely unrelated note, sasquatch fur isn't good for much more than scrubbing sasquatch blood off your boots.

It's the summer, and I'm sure many of you have gone on vacation. If you're like me, you probably went someplace tropical and people everywhere were attracted to your fantastic body. And if you enjoyed your vacation, you probably bought a T-Shirt, shot glass, or stuffed animal to remind you of your time. Don't you wish that you could have purchased a souvenir that was a little more original?

Look at what China is doing. With the Olympics set to take place in Beijing in 2008, the Chinese have come up with an innovative and exciting new type of souvenir that will both look cute and disgust. No it isn't a racist bunny. Really it's quite genius. China has something that other countries don't have and desperately want: pandas. These animals are so popular that if one of them successfully spawns it makes headline news in America. While China is not willing to sell these precious animals, they are willing to part with the thousands of pounds of panda poop that they leave in their wake.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070731/od_uk_nm/
oukoe_uk_olympics_beijing_pandas;_ylt=AqkvvDTtdNdSNIYGfoaKFXDtiBIF

And of course no one is going to line up to buy lumps of panda squeeze, so to make them more appealing, artists have sculpted the poo into attractive and practical items like picture frames, statues, and chocolate chunk cookies.

If you're not already searching eBay to purchase a panda poop chess set, listen to this re-assuring quote from Jing Shimin, assistant to the Director of the Chinese wildlife research centre: "They don't smell too bad".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. just...wow.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh huh...you said poo!

by the way this is shannon...not nearly as anonymous as my identity would let on

1:53 PM  
Blogger AaronJLohr said...

Ah, Shannon, Man of Mystery. Mild mannered father during the day, but at night becomes the vengeful vigilante "Anonymous", Harbinger of Justice.
:)

How goes it?

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home