Aaron Lohr, Concerned Citizen

Welcome to my blog. I write about actual news stories. Sure, I joke a lot, but I include citations to prove that the source of my jibber jabber is real. You can't make this stuff up. If you've come across a strange news story, send it my way. I'm now on twitter at: https://twitter.com/#!/AaronLohr

Facebook me!
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I like to move it move it.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

That Comes with Fries Right?

I think most people would agree that life seems a bit repetitive at times. Just a tad too ho-hum. We all wake up, have a bowl of cereal, brush our teeth, take a shower, feed the guinea pigs, set the bear trap, pack a lunch, finally put some clothes on, power up the Zeppelin, and then it’s off to work. But there is one bright spot in the day for all of us, and it is called the sun … I mean “lunch”.

No matter how dreary a day is, you get a break to indulge in a variety of lunchtime delicacies. I work in Rockville, MD, a vast commercial corridor with every type of cuisine you could hope for. And among all my choices, few deliver as much constant culinary joy as Arby’s. Their roast beef sandwich is simply succulent. Their market fresh sandwiches rival the best delis of Deli-ware. Their chicken strips are beyond compare and make McNuggets look like … McNuggets. They have the sweet and refreshing jamocha milkshake and now their soda fountains feature Diet Dr. Pepper. And it’s cheap. Need I say more?

But if we take seriously the studies that are coming out of the American Medical Association, these kind of foods are making me fat, or as the smarties say “obese”. What a terrible, obese sort of word that is.

Why are things that are bad for you so cheap and readily accessible? Fast food, vending machines, guns …the list goes on. Well one restaurant is putting its foot down. You want a hamburger buddy? Then fork over $100. That’s right, it’s the most expensive burger around and soon rich people will have to have wheels strapped to their legs to help them move. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2101974&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Of course to warrant this outrageous price, the hamburger is made out of solid gold. The lettuce leaves are rare emeralds found only in the deepest mines of Africa. The bun is comprised of the crushed bones of ancient kings. And the catsup is Fancy Ketchup, featuring an extra portion of the highest fructose corn syrup.

Imagine if every fast food joint raised their prices. We would be forced to eat healthier. Our children would no longer have difficulty climbing stairs. The U.S. soccer team would have a legitimate shot at the World Cup. The restaurants would go out of business and be converted to prisons to help ease the crowded penal system. Everybody wins. To keep things the way they are is quite frankly, the obesiest thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger AaronJLohr said...

I am actually eating Arby's right now. It's so good. 5 bucks! And NO mushrooms. Why try anything else?

Man, this comment is making me hungry ... I think I'll finish my curly fries.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home