Aaron Lohr, Concerned Citizen

Welcome to my blog. I write about actual news stories. Sure, I joke a lot, but I include citations to prove that the source of my jibber jabber is real. You can't make this stuff up. If you've come across a strange news story, send it my way. I'm now on twitter at: https://twitter.com/#!/AaronLohr

Facebook me!
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I like to move it move it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Reflections of the Super Bowl

Is there any day more special, more deeply rooted in American culture than the Super Bowl? The answer is a loud and emphatic yes. One day that comes immediately to mind is my birthday. I’m sure many of you feel the same way…about my birthday. But there are some of us who live for the Super Bowl. It becomes the core of our conversations, we throw humongous parties, and I’ve heard of people who actually sold their house so they could go to the Super Bowl.

It is also a beautiful day of self-discovery. Some of you may have discovered a previously unknown gambling addiction. Others of you successfully found your body’s threshold in ingesting fried chicken wings. Congratulations. You are that much closer to completing yourself.

But what of the game itself? What of the courageous Patriots and high-flying Eagles? Many people say that the Patriots have solidified themselves as a legitimate dynasty with this impressive victory. I’m not convinced.

Let’s look at the previous most well-known dynasties and do a little comparison. The Shang Dynasty, one of the earliest for which we have written evidence, ushered China well into the Bronze Age and unified nobles and peasants through the ingenious concept of the “well-field” system. However, the Patriots defense exploited a reckless Philadelphia offense coming up with three key interceptions. Only time will tell which dynasty most impacted furthering the advancement of mankind. But c’mon, three interceptions off Donovan McNabb is pretty amazing.

And let’s not forget famous hot-head wide receiver Terrell Owens. His doctor told him not to play with that broken ankle, but T.O. told the world that God himself cleared him to play. Now if this is true, then why did the Eagles lose? That’s a soul-searching question indeed. All I can tell you is that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I’m sure there’s a lesson for T.O. here and I hope he learns it and continues strong in his faith journey.

Did you see the halftime show with Sir Paul McCartney? I was certainly impressed that he still could do a live performance with such energy. Even my friends expressed their surprise, “I thought he died like ten years ago”. But no dead man could play Drive My Car or Hey Jude like that, except perhaps Paul McCartney. Oh wait….

And of course we must discuss the commercials. All year companies give us bland, mind-numbing ads, saving up their magic for the one great ad they put out on this special day. Did you like what you saw? The only one I was excited about was the Batman Begins preview. I sure do love Batman, and I was wondering who the villain in this movie was going to be. The preview gave a brief glimpse, and my prediction proved true. It looks like the Caped Crusader will be going up against the nefarious and necrotic Sir Paul McCartney. I smell Oscar. No I really do, he’s in the cubicle next to me and I don’t know why, but I think he’s putting on nail polish.

It’s so sad that this day only comes once a year. I wish I had a cryogenic chamber. Then I could have my kitty with me forever.






1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Crygenics, God advising on broken ankles, and Sir Paul going up against the one and only Batman. It could only happen on an Aaron Lohr post.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home